Skip to main content.
Alt Ref NoCCA-U157
DescriptionHolman Brothers were millwrights and engineers, based at 12 Dover St, Canterbury, hiring out machines for steam ploughing, threshing, sawing and pumping. The firm was set up by John Holman, a millwright and wheelwright, in 1816 who took over an existing business from Widow Hunns. The firm closed in 1975.
Extent53 items
Physical Description53 items
Related MaterialOther mills records, C P Davies collection, Templeman Library, University of Kent at Canterbury
Publication NoteHistory of the family and firm
S Fieldin, P McFarlane, M Steed, S Tyler, M Wood, The Holmans of Canterbury, (Oaten Hill and District Society Local History Group No 3, 1992)

    © 2024 Canterbury Cathedral | Powered by CalmView © 2008-2024
    Canterbury Cathedral Archives & Library, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury, CT1 2EH United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 (0) 1227 865330 | Email: