Skip to main content.
 
Order NumberCCA-DCc/ChAnt/L/315
TitleGrant
PreviousNumbersXXXIIII (late 13th c); L 377 (Norris); L 288 (late 19th c)
DateApr 1234
DescriptionFrom: Baldwin the parmenter ('parmentarius'), son of Gilbert of Langdon
To: the prior and convent of Canterbury Cathedral Priory

5 acres and 3 virgates of his land in Langdon ('langed''), lying in 6 parcels ('pars'). 1 parcel lies on the hill ('mons') towards the land of Henry de fugieres, 5 perches wide and 47 perches long from the land of Simon son of Osbert to north to the middle of the greater tithing ('maior bergha') of Langdon standing upon the same land, 3 parcels lie on the slope ('descensus') of the hill towards the house which was of Thomas corbin in the arable land, each 36 perches long and 5 wide, and 2 parcels, both 37 perches long and 1 perch 33 feet wide, lie on the hill between Langdon ('langed'') and the church of Eythorne ('Egethorn'), 1 with the land which the priory bought of Alfred son of Alan to west and the other with the land the priory bought of Alfred son of Richard to west, not far from the other land. For an annual payment of 1d, payable as specified in the priory's house at Langdon ('langed''), by the hand of the warden ('custos'). For this the priory has also paid 50s as a gersum fine.

Witnesses: Hamo colekin; Alan de crauthorn; Gilbert the clerk; John de hoddinge; Laurence of Sandwich, clerk; Benedict of Woodnesborough ('Wodlesb'ge'); Henry the stable-man ('stabularius'); John son of Thorold; Nicholas son of Thorold; Nicholas son of Osbert; Simon son of Osbert; William piedelievre; Jordan the saucer ('salsarius'); Roger the stable-man ('stabularius'); Warren the carpenter ('carpentarius'); John the brewer ('braciator')

Endorsed with description and note of registration in late 13th cent hands.
Extent1 doc
Physical DescriptionParchment, 1m, seal, water stain at bottom
LanguageLatin
AccessStatusOpen
Open
Related MaterialRegistered versions: CCA-DCc-Register/C, f72r, and CCA-DCc-Register/E, f217r

    © 2025 Canterbury Cathedral | Powered by CalmView © 2008-2025
    Canterbury Cathedral Archives & Library, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury, CT1 2EH United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 (0) 1227 865330 | Email: