| Description | Booklet containing:
(1) Exchange Party: the prior and convent of Canterbury Cathedral Priory Party: the prior and convent of St Gregory's Priory, Canterbury The cathedral priory grants St Gregory's priory its plot lying with the courtyard of St Gregory's to south, 'baggeberi' lane [New Ruttington Lane] to north, the garden of 'Forgehagh'' to east and the garden late of John le Gerdlere to west. It also quitclaims for the rents payable by St Gregory's Priory for a stable, forge and 'halletoun'', tenements formerly of John Wace, their other tenements in New Ruttington Lane towards the courtyard of St Gregory's, 33 perches 13 feet long from the king's highway to New Ruttington Lane inexchange for a messuage late of John de molonde, described below, and a payment of 13s 4d, payable for certain tenements described below. In exchange, St Gregory's Priory grants the cathedral priory the messuage which was of John de molonde in Northgate parish, Canterbury, lying with the king's highway leading to Barton ('la bertone') [without Northgate?] to east, and a payment of 13s 4d payable as specified the cathedral priory's barton for St Gregory's Priory's field of 'Weresland'. No date [mid 16th century]. [Date: handwriting and date of other documents in booklet.] Original dated 31 Oct 1351. (pp5-6) (Latin)
(2) An account of barley and malt for 1535-1536 and an incomplete account for 1536-1537 (pp4-5). (Latin)
(3) Memorandum of a lease by Prior Thomas [Goldwell, II] to John Toftes of St Mary Northgate parish, Canterbury, of a garden at 'Borysende' in St Mary Northgate parish, formerly let to Laurence Holand, for a term of 20 years from 29 Sep 1524. For an annual payment of 2s 8d, payable as specified to the priory's bartoner. 'Dominus' John Garrard was then bartoner. No date [mid 16th century]. [Date: handwriting and date of other documents in booklet]. (p7). (English and Latin)
Endorsed with description in late 16th or early 17th cent hand. |