Skip to main content.
 
Order NumberCCA-DCc/ChAnt/F/30
TitleSurvey
PreviousNumbersQ 169 (Norris); F 52 (late 19th c)
Date[early 15th century]
DescriptionDescribed as a true copy from the old book. Described in heading as a measurement of lands in Fairfield, Oxney and Appledore, and of other lands adjoining the wall running from Fairfield chapel to the well ('fons', ?recte 'pons', ie bridge) of Oxney. Measured by Hugh, monk of the cathedral priory, Brother Reginald of Robertsbridge, Walter Bruy, serjeant ('serviens') of Oxney, Stephen of Kenardington, and others holding land in the marsh.
Gives names of landholders with acreages. Also defines 5 subdivisions of the wall which is held in joint tenancy ('participat''). [Date of copy: handwriting.]

On dorse, Fairfield in 18th cent hand.
Extent1 doc
Physical DescriptionParchment, 1m
LanguageLatin
AccessStatusOpen
Open

    © 2025 Canterbury Cathedral | Powered by CalmView © 2008-2025
    Canterbury Cathedral Archives & Library, 11 The Precincts, Canterbury, CT1 2EH United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 (0) 1227 865330 | Email: